Thursday, January 28, 2016

Chanel Spring 2016 Beauty Collection - Part 2 with Les 4 Ombres Multi-Effect Quadra Eye Shadow in Tissé Beverly Hills

At long last, the eye shadow quad from Chanel's Spring 2016 collection, Les 4 Ombres Tissé Beverly Hills (#262, $61) has arrived. Actually, it came over the weekend, but no one without a snow plow was out on our roads for days. I'm sure you will remember that the rest of the Spring 2016 collection arrived without it. Is it worth the wait? Your own preferences will answer that.

I took my photos in the store at Neiman Marcus, so they aren't as brilliant as I'd like. Indoor lighting is not ideal for the photos I take. Outside, there were no backgrounds without white snow (except my now salty car), and snow doesn't provide a nice background. Anyhow, the quad was difficult to remove from its slot on the display, and I didn't want to be a nuisance.

Between these two photos, I think you can see the four shades pretty well. These colors are vibrant. I am conservative. I don't think Chanel had me in mind when it designed these eye shadow shades. Pfew! Money I don't have saved!

I swatched the shades clockwise, starting at the upper left with little applicators that Neiman Marcus had on hand. Just yesterday, I took my own sponge-tipped applicators out of my handbag. I should know not to do that. I needed them, but you do what you have to do to get swatch photos.

My photo isn't very sharp. This is the best I could do indoors. I'm sorry. You can see that the bright violet at the top of my arm is a powerful, colorful highlighting shade. The beige shade has a bit less pigment and can also be used as a highlighting or brightening shade. I would apply it as a base color. You can blend these two shades together to bring down the violet tones. The next shade is a dark plum. I applied it relatively heavily to show you the shade. Given my fair skin, I could only use it as an eyeliner. The turquoise shade is a very pigmented, pretty spring and summer color. It reminds me of Mediterranean seaside photos.

When I purchase eye shadow quads, I want them to offer me at least three wearable shades out of four. Tissé Beverly Hills does not. There is nothing wrong with it - it's just not my "type." I believe these colors would be gorgeous on someone with olive-toned or dark skin. I'm sure a makeup artist could make these shades work on me, but I don't have one in my house when I'm getting ready for work. I'm a slap-dash kind of gal when I am pressed for time. Would I wear these shades in the evening? Probably not. I avoid lavenders and purples because they bring out the red in my eyes.

I know some of you have been waiting to see this eye shadow quad, so here it is. Chanel's Tissé Ombre de Lune quad that just arrived is much more pleasing to my eyes. I swatched it and will show it to you very soon.

You can purchase Les 4 Ombres Multi-Effect Quadra Eye Shadow in Tissé Beverly Hills from Chanel.com, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, or wherever you shop Chanel.

Photo at top courtesy of Chanel; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

6 comments:

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Not my type, either. Looking forward to the next Chanel quad.

Poppy B. said...

It's a no-go for me, as well. First of all, since I started accumulating palettes, I've used my quads less and less. And second, those colors would eat me alive, LOL!

Charlestongirl said...

MamaVal and Poppy, I love it. Those colors would eat me alive too. The beige is very pretty, though.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for showing this. I just bought mine. Recently, I've gone more neutral but that can be a little dull. The colors are creative and the taupish beige is very pretty. Chanel used to make more of these idiosyncratic quads.
Tanja

Eileen said...

I finally got a chance to see and swatch Tissé Beverly Hills and decided I hadn't missed anything. Although the Tissé formula is one of my favorites, I really found this quad lacking. I don't mind deep jewel tones, but these colors seemed murky and the pigmentation was not smooth. Armani did a similar eye quad several years ago with great success. The colors were deep, but they were clear, the color saturation was even, and they layerd and blended like a dream. Not so with Tissé Beverly Hills. Alas! I think Chanel was really off their game with this collection from the name of the collection (LA Sunrise! Say what? :-P ) to the execution of the eye products. Hopefully, Chanel will do something better for summer.

DLori said...

I'm a redhead with green eyes and VERY fair skin. I decided to take a chance & purchase this quad since I love color as compared to neutrals, which I consider rather boring. I really didn't know what to expect.

My palette arrived yesterday and I am in love with it. The eyeshadows are pigmented but you're not going to use heavy layers either. With lots of blending and soft strokes of your brush, these colors bring out the green in my eyes and are truly flattering.

I always look forward to Chantecaille's palettes but after seeing the one most recently released, which to my yes, has almost the same exact colors of the last 3 palettes they released but with different pictures on the shades, it's nice to see actual color being used again.

I think this palette is a winner just as I do, the most recent Chanel Palette, the one you have yet to post.