Saturday, March 19, 2011

Weekend Roundup - March 19

During the past week, my star magnolia started to burst into bloom. I took this photo late Thursday, right before we had 70-degree weather on Friday, when the rest of the buds opened. I wanted a photo that portrayed the hope and anticipation of spring. We've been talking spring beauty for months. Now, we are eager for the real thing!

A friend at work told me this week she was ready to buy her spring makeup. Each season, she buys a new theme, and she wanted corals and peaches for spring. Good choice! Let's see what our beauty mavens chose to feature this week.

Gaia gave us a sneak peek and color swatches of the new Laura Mercier Gel Lip Colours at The Non Blonde. I have been trying to get my hands on these for weeks! There was only one available in a set, but all of them should arrive at my local Neiman Marcus soon.

Need a little blue for your nails? W magazine reported that cool blue is spring's hottest polish shade. Sabrina compared Dior's and Chanel's iconic blue shades of nail lacquers at The Beauty Look Book.

While in Paris, Amy from Café Makeup is showing us some European-only beauty finds. One of the pieces she featured last week was Chanel's Vitalumiere Eclat compact.

Until she can get her hands on the Chanel European foundation brush, Kari at Fab over Forty found an inexpensive subsititute from Sonia Kashuk for Target. Can't beat the price!

Home beauty tools are becoming more popular than ever. Kelly showed us the latest in beauty gadgets with Micro Needling. Head over to Gouldylox Reviews to find out whether this technique hurts.

No one can deny Cate Blanchett's amazing (and gorgeous) skin. DivaDebbi reviewed some of the SK-II products that Cate uses. Did it do wonders for Debbi's skin, too?

What we put in our bodies is just as important as what we put on them. We know that, although many of us prefer denial (do I look like pepperoni?). Jennifer from BeautyXposé told us about five important foods we should add to our diets.

Want to learn how to get sexy hair with beachy waves? Who doesn't? Laurie from Product Girl tried out the Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray with excellent results. I'm intrigued.

Here at Best Things in Beauty, last week's superstar was Le Métier de Beauté. Dustin Lujan showed me his signature eye shadow application technique, Couches de Couleur. I also got my hands on all three new Crème Fresh Tints for Lips and Cheeks, and they are exquisite. In another feature, I showed everyone the lip colors Dustin and I selected together for my look last weekend. Tomorrow, I hope to show you all of my new Le Métier de Beauté Lip Crème glosses. It has been an exciting LMdB week here!

Photo by BTiB

2 comments:

Clarisse said...

I love your magnolia flowers: it's wonderful to see at last that Spring is on its way... even though it's rather cold here, but Nature is getting ready, so there's hope!
Hope that you right knee will stop tormenting you and your left will keep "progressing"!
I loved your MdLB articles: the brand can be found in Le Printemps Paris and visiting their counter on my next trip there is on my agenda:-)
A wonderful week-end to everyone!
PS: I hope Savannah has fully recovered and Charlie happier now!

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Clarisse!

My right knee feels a bit better today. I need to exercise both legs soon. I have been so lazy today.

Another LMdB post up tomorrow!

Savvy is fine, and Charlie is his devil-boy self. He tried to play with her this morning. Such attempts don't go over well. :)