Monday, March 21, 2011

Le Métier de Beauté Lip Crème

After spending time with Dustin Lujan last weekend and purchasing Fraise Crème Lip Crème, I decided I needed more Le Métier de Beauté Lip Crème ($36) colors. To recap, I had never bought a Lip Crème gloss before last weekend! I always selected the company's Sheer Brilliance Lip Glosses, so I was game for something new. That "something new" became an obsession.

Kathy Shoreman and Lisa Corsino at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria helped me select some colors over the phone. They know what I like. I purchased three more - all rather different - so that I would have a nice sampling of Lip Crème: Café Crème, Papaye Crème, and Framboise Crème.

Lip Crème is hybrid between a gloss and a lipstick. The formula offers a more intense color pay-off and creamier texture than regular lipsticks and more shine and gloss than most lip glosses. It leaves a lacquer-like sheen finish that's amazingly attractive. Lip Crème combines chic color, intense emollients, and antioxidants and vitamins to soothe and nourish the lips.

Here are two swatch photos, taken at the same time, but in different outdoor light. Each Lip Crème was applied heavily with its own doe-foot applicator. In both photos, they are shown in this order: Papaye Crème at top left, Café Crème at top right, Framboise Crème at bottom left, and Fraise Crème at bottom right.

The photo at right was taken in direct sun, and the one below left was taken in strong light. What I hope you can see in both photos is the luminosity and complexity of the shades. They sparkle. Kathy and Lisa talked me into Papaye Crème, which looked very peachy online. I wasn't sure I needed another peach lip color. While it is peachy, they were right; it was too pretty to pass up. I had selected Café Crème because it appeared online to be a rose-toned brown, one of my favorite shades. It is a little more brown than rose, but I still love it. Framboise Crème, the darkest of the four, is raspberry red, a color I feel I must use sparingly. I think it's so beautiful, I'll try to get used to having darker lips. You know I love Dustin's selection, Fraise Crème, a warm rose with a hint of coral that lights up my face.

Lip Crème is a nicely long-lasting lip color. I have been wearing it without lipstick underneath, and I've been delighted with it. I love what I call full-coverage lip glosses, so I'll be on the prowl for more shades. Please let me know if you have a favorite you think I would like.

You can purchase Le Métier de Beauté at Bergdorf Goodman (where you can usually find Dustin), Neiman Marcus, and some Nordstrom stores. It's also available online too.

Photo at top courtesy of Neiman Marcus

13 comments:

lovethescents said...

That Papaya one sounds wonderful! I'm a lipgloss fanatic and own so many. The problem is, I always seem to misplace them....lost in some purse, pocket, bag, bathroom cabinet, etc, etc. :-)

I like the idea of the Creme, particularly if not sticky.

Thanks for the review!

LIz said...

I have Framboise and I LOVE it. I did not realize how pigmented lip creme is until I saw the pictures of myself from two Christmases ago - all you saw were my red lips. Applied light handedly, it gives me the most beautiful red lips. I love it so much that even though I am allergic to LMdB lip products, I kept Framboise so that I can wear it once or twice a year on special occasions. I am hoping that my lips will learn to get desensitized to LMdB so that I can wear more colors. Sad but true story.t

Charlestongirl said...

Lovethescents...you need to do a seek and find mission! Either that or use fewer purses. LOL!

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Liz,

Yes, it's pretty dark! I wonder which one of the ingredients is bothering you. Sorry to hear that! Can you wear the Brilliant formula?

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Honestly, can a girl ever have enough lip gloss??? lol...

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Val - you know my answer. It's no! There's something about lip gloss that's irresistible.

pooshae said...

Does it comes in a dark brown color, chocolate etc? My lips are pigmented, therefore, I can only wear dark colors. Or can you recommend other dark lip glosses or dark sheer lipstick.

Charlestongirl said...

Pooshae, there are at least two darker brown shades, Chocolate Crème and Cocoa Crème. I suspect you would like one of them. You can see the shade swatches at this BG link: http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod37760045&parentId=cat288321&masterId=&index=2&cmCat=cat000000cat000005cat000017cat10022cat288321.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Pooshae,

Chocolate Crème is red-bronze, definitely darker, like a copper color. Cocoa Crème is a medium brown with some gold tones. You might like either if you want a brown tone.

Dlori said...

OK, so what is your favorite color? I know it's hard to choose just one but if you had to, which one would you choose?

Dlori
kleimanlaw at aol dot com

crista said...

Thanks for this, its great to know what new on the market and gives me all the uptodate info i need. Keep posting! x

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Dlori!

Too hard - I don't think I can pick a favorite. If I were forced, it might be Papaye Crème, and that's not a characteristic choice for me. Lisa and Kathy were right - it's so gorgeous!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Crista, thank you!