Friday, September 24, 2010

The Friday Forum - September 24

The farmers' markets are teeming with sunflowers! Why not pick up a bunch this weekend to brighten your home?

What a busy week it's been! I haven't had nearly enough time to check out the beauty departments. I did get to spend some time last night over dinner with my friend, Rene Marshall, Perricone MD's Mid-Atlantic Account Executive. She told me all about the new Super line from Perricone, and I'll be sharing the scoop with you in a few days. Did you notice that Super is available online now at Sephora? With lower price points than the Perricone skin care I use, and targeted to women (and men) in their 20s, 30s, and 40s, Super is poised to be a big hit.

We shared Ava's delight this week as she was named the winner of the $500 shopping spree at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie. Ava, you have to tell us what products you select! I am so grateful for the Mazza store's generosity to Best Things in Beauty readers. They're the best!

It's time for The Friday Forum! We use The Friday Forum to share information. Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Do you have a question others might be able to answer? Want to talk about skin care? Just use the comments. Don't be shy.

We have busy weekends and slow ones on the forum. I'm happy if even one reader stops by. Leave a comment, and say hello - even if you don't want to comment on beauty products. As I always do, I'll leave news of some great beauty offers (great, not just good) in the comments of this post. If you want to know where to find nice gifts with purchase, free shipping, and other deals this weekend, make sure to check the comments.

Thanks for reading Best Things in Beauty! Got anything you want to talk about?

Photo courtesy of wholeblossoms.com

3 comments:

Eileen said...

This week was the autumnal equinox and the first day of my very favorite season of the year--autumn!  As the sun appears to hold steady in the sky and the day and night become equal, it is symbolically a time to restore balance to our lives, to look back on what we've accomplished and be thankful, and to look forward to the possibilities that lie ahead of us and be joyful.  September with autumn's equinox, October (my favorite month) with Halloween, November with Thanksgiving, and December with winter's solstice.  Yes, indeed, this is my favorite season of year with its wondrous parade of holidays.

Charlestongirl said...

So nicely written, Eileen! Autumn is refreshing. I love it too, but have an East Coast dread of what follows: winter. So Autumn is a harbinger of my least favorite time of year. I'm conflicted!

Like you, I appreciate the balance between night and daylight. To me, it's relaxing.

September can be beautiful here - or very rainy. So far this year, ours has been warm and sunny - beautiful! October can be just as pretty here. Fall clothing and makeup always add to the excitement. I love shifting to some of my favorite colors.

Enjoy this favorite season - in all of its glory! Happy weekend!

Charlestongirl said...

MAC has free shipping with any purchase through Sunday night. Use code SS11.