Saturday, August 14, 2010

Smashbox Masquerade Baked Fusion Soft Light Palette

I bought this pretty Smashbox face palette a few weeks ago and have been using it ever since. Today I realized that I had never shown it to you!

The Masquerade Baked Fusion Soft Light Palette ($32) in Illusion was made for me. It has a checkerboard design (I almost expect pretty palette designs now), allowing use of each color separately. Or you can use it as I do, swirling your brush around all of the shades for a soft highlighting blusher in a pretty rosy champagne shade.

Blushers have to be the hardest products to photograph. Unless you do unnatural things to them, like moisten the brush, the best ones are hard to see on the arm. I hope you can see that this one is a pretty pink with a slight shimmer. It's sheer. I brushed it on fairly heavily to get the color to show.

You can use Masquerade alone or over your blusher for a finishing gleam. I haven't tried the shades individually on my face, but I played with them on my arm. They can be used to highlight under the brow bone, at the top of the cheekbones, or anywhere you want a flash of light.

While I was outside taking the Masquerade photo, my neighbor's yellow lab stopped by to say hello and see if I had any treats for him. I thought you might enjoy his darling face. He's such a sweet old boy.

You can purchase Smashbox cosmetics at the Web site, where free shipping is offered with every order, or at Nordstrom. A good time to buy online is during the Tuesday and Thursday Let's Do Lunch hours from 9:00 to 2:00 PST at Smashbox. You will get a special free product when you order during those hours. It's such a great deal!

Top photo courtesy of Smashbox

No comments: