Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Memoire Liquide No. 120 Fleur D'Oranger Parfum

Memoire Liquide No. 120 Fleur D'Oranger Parfum ($65) is a heady orange blossom fragrance in a convenient little rollerball. Yes, it's only a half an ounce, but there's a lot to love in that tiny package!

I have had this fragrance for a long time. I never got around to blogging about it. Why am I telling you about it today? I discovered that layering it under Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue gives me the equivalent of a third, customized fragrance that's unlike anything in my perfume wardrobe!

Jo Malone made fragrance mixing fashionable, but I have to admit I don't often do it. I like most of my favorites just the way they are. The Jo Malone Fragrance Chronicles are an exception. I layer them with enthusiasm. Maybe my most recent purchase of the Orange Blossom Fragrance Chronicle gave me the idea.

Memoire Liquide Fleur D'Oranger Parfum is a divine, pure orange blossom fragrance, rich with that concentrated white flower scent that takes me to a vibrant tropical garden at night. This orange blossom is as sweet and rich as gardenia. When I wear it, I always roll a bit onto my wrist so that I can smell it "on demand."

This week, I had the idea to layer it under Orange Sanguine Cologne. Orange flowers and orange fruit belong together in nature, right? It appears they belong together in fragrance too. The result of blending them sent me into a state of orange bliss! The combination is seriously pleasurable - and unlike any fragrance I own.

The Memoire Liquide line consists of many fragrance bases that can be worn alone or blended together to create a unique signature scent. Orange Blossom not your favorite? You can select from vanilla, Moroccan rose, amber, and many other essences. I would like to try No. 400 Fleur des Tropiques Parfum, a blend of gardenia, tuberose, jasmine, frangipani, ginger lily, ylang ylang, and plumeria - all of which I love. I can almost smell it!

For now, I will wear my Memoire Liquide No. 120 Fleur D'Oranger Parfum the latest way, with a spritz of fruit to go.

You can purchase Memoire Liquide fragrances at Beautyhabit, Henri Bendel, Bloomingdale's, and at Studio Beautymix (the sisters' boutique) at Fred Segal in Santa Monica - other places too, I'm sure. I bought mine at Art with Flowers at the Tysons Galleria in Virginia. If you have a favorite Memoire Liquide fragrance, please let us know!

Photo courtesy of Beutyhabit

No comments: