Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Shu Uemura Primitribe Fall Mode Collection

A bit too edgy for my taste, the Primitribe Fall Mode Collection is Shu Uemura's latest. Although they urge us to "be wild and go beyond ordinary," this look is just too theatrical.

Acknowledging that the "look" is often not totally representative of a collection, I dug into their Web site with interest. I ordered only two pieces and tried them out yesterday.

First...a description of some of what's available. For eyes, there are turquoise and citrine Painting Liners - both shown on the model. I'm not that brave!

What did interest me were the the Primal Color Stick eye shadows ($30). They apply as cream, but dry as powder. Given their shape, they are very fast and easy to apply. I bought Blazed Gold and would describe it (on me) as a darkish gold that has a bit of sparkle in it. Not too glittery, but sparkly for sure. It is also available in Rich Earth (brown), Misty Grove (dark green), and Night Maroon (purple). If you like long-lasting cream eye shadows, give one of these a try. The shadow was still there 12 hours after application.

For cheeks, there are three Primal Mix Blush ($24) colors: Rhythm, Soul, and Echo. I ordered Rhythm, which is not as pink as it appears on the Web site. It still works for me, but I would describe the on-cheek color as a pinky peach (with both colors mixed).

There are two very nice Rouge Unlimited ($23) lip colors, either of which I would have ordered if I had won the lottery last week. The highly pigmented lipsticks are creamy, and I love the see-through cases. No fumbling for the right color with these!

This is a unique Fall collection - not much "Fall" about it. Nonetheless, there are always season-free pieces in every collection, and I think I found them.

Photo courtesy of Shu Uemura.

No comments: