Saturday, July 18, 2009

Late to the MAC Colour Craft Party



MAC's latest look, Colour Craft, offers some nice products. I'm a bit late to the party. I read all the beauty blogs, and there were so many comments about glitter that I approached the collection with a bit of trepidation. So, I ordered four pieces, and I am pleased to say that I am very happy with three of them.

I'll start with the glittery one. The Mineralize Skinfinish Trio (Smooth Merge for me) has too much glitter, as many have noted before me. It's really too bad because the colors are gorgeous! Unfortunately, face and cheek products with glitter look (in my humble opinion) very strange on anyone over 20, and I sure don't want glitter flaking onto my clothing. So, as pretty as it looks in the pan, this one gets a thumbs down.

It's thumbs up from here. The Mineralize Blush is very nice. I ordered Hand-Finish. It's not quite as pure pink as the swatch appears online, but it is a pretty peachy pink everyday color. The blushes come in many colors, so there is probably a color for everyone. I am very happy with my new blusher.

Both of the lip products I purchased are keepers. Madly Creative Lipstick feels nice and creamy and looks great. I would have been happier if it had been a tad darker, but I fix that easily by using a darker gloss over it. My Marbelized Lipglass in Pretty Pattern is, as advertised, a high-shine mixture of three colors, which gives it some depth.

Now is a great time to check out MAC at Nordstrom. Their Anniversary Sale started yesterday, and there are many Beauty Exclusives and gifts with purchase. The MAC exclusives are among the best. I have two at the store waiting for me (Lip Bag in Baby Blooms and a Look in a Box), so I'll be headed over this weekend to pick them up. A treat to anticipate!

Photo courtesy of Nordstrom.

No comments: