Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Chanel's Aqualumiere Sheer Lipsticks and Lip Glosses

How I love the Aqualumiere lip products! I latched onto the Sheer Colour Lipshines ($28.50) the minute they were introduced, and they remain in my makeup bag - and only fabulous things make it into a bag I'm willing to carry with me everywhere, adding to the weight of my purse! Characterized as sheer color with an ultra-creamy texture, these lip colors look good and feel good. They have no overt fragrance. I keep purchasing them and get terribly excited when new colors are introduced.

Because they are sheer, I can wear many of the colors, even those that look dark on color wheels. I really wish I could have one of each. Favorites? Waikiki, Antigua, Ipanema, Santa Barbara, and Ischia. You can see the many choices on the Chanel Web site.

Some of the colors are limited editions, so if you purchase one and love it, make sure to stock up before it disappears from shelves.

Chanel also offers Aqualumiere Gloss ($27) as well, introduced last year - more to love. The 12 colors available all add a sheer, high-shine wash of color. Candy Glow is one of my favorites.

Give these a try if you like sheer lip colors. They are available on the Chanel Web site and major department stores.

Photo courtesy of Chanel.

No comments: